[compost_tea] Correction to Rodale's SARE annual report

From: Ryan, Matthew <matthew.ryan_at_rodaleinst.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:26:03 -0500

To address Elaine's comment, the Leaf Organism Assay Report that I
received from SFI states clearly at the bottom of the page, "We have
found that a minimum of 60 to 80% coverage (sum of both bacterial and
fungal coverage) can prevent disease significantly." In this light, my
statement of "adequate, above 60% coverage" in The Rodale Institute's
SARE Annual Report is probably not as accurate as it could be.
Therefore, I have changed that statement to exactly reflect the quote
from the Leaf Organism Assay Report. However, I do not feel that it
would be appropriate to note that "SFI states that 70% coverage is
adequate", as Elaine suggests, since that is not the information we
received on the Assay Report.

I appreciate the feedback and thank you all for your time and help!