Re: [compost_tea] The Year of Compost Tea in San Antonio

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 03:46:28 EST

Steve -

The International Compost Tea Council needs to show that they are DOING
something to push compost tea with the USDA.

A position statement, some letters, some effort to support compost tea.

The workshop coming up is great, but MORE effort is needed ALL OVER the
country.

The ICTC needs to contact all the Tilth organizations, all the Organic
groups, all the Biodynamic groups, all the Sustainable Ag working groups, and start
making a coalition of effort in support of compost tea.

If some concerted effort to join groups together in a common effort were
made, then I'd be more willing to push everyone I know in the biz to join. But
Tom's comments about "what is the ICTC doing for me?" are valid.

Education is necessary, but it needs to be education all over the country,
not just Seattle.

Grower trials are needed, demonstration plots needed, a publication of all
the trials and experiences is needed. Is there a committee that the Chris
Reid's of this world can be part of, to get these things done?

Compost Tea Centers are opening. Is the ICTC staying on top of this? Is
there a registration for these companies? Some free advertising? A web site?

Elaine Ingham