[compost_tea] Re: CTTF testing requirements

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:54:36 -0000
--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen <bnbrew@y...> wrote:
> Good RANT, Elaine !! Bob
>
> soilfoodweb_at_a... wrote:The testing being required is simple FECAL
E. coli tests.

<><><><><<>Also called fecal coliforms. So which procedure is it in
the reference book of your choice? I'd look it up but I don't have
the book.  Dennis

Not coliforms, not the other pathogens, but the normal indicator of
fecal contamination.

> Compost tea brewers will need to test compost used in compost tea,
and if that is pathgen-free, then life is fine, use the tea without
restruction.
> <><><><><><<><You must mean restriction. Dennis

If pathogens-levels are below restricted levels in the compost, but
still present, then either do not add anything to the compost tea
brew that will allow pathogen growth in the compost tea - such as
molasses or other sugars - or test the final compost tea to make sure
you did not grow pathogens in the tea.

<><>><>Clipped here by Dennis

Yahoo! Groups Links