Re: [compost_tea] Re: Re: CTTF testing requirements

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:33:26 -0700

Hey, this would be great. I think testing is extremely important. Now her=
e is where I think tea testing serves a purpose. I'm not real hot on getti=
ng bac/fun numbers in a tea test. I am more interested in testing the soil=
 before and after application and taking plant essays during the process. =
This tells me that the tea is working or not. But a simple test, like thos=
e used at WWTPs for Salmonella and E. Coli would be of fantastic benefit. =

I have been writing about the overblown fear of E. Coli in tea for a while.=
  Frank Teuton even mocked me for my position but I think over time that my=
 methodology will prove more correct than not. It's all environmental. I =
did a lot of research into open and closed ecological systems to come up wi=
th methods I use now. My ex associate made a model that basically took New=
tons 2nd law to the max which might work in an open system but totally fail=
ed in a closed system. It seemed like a great idea that worked in theory b=
ut didn't work in application. Closed systems have limits so doubling laws=
 and concervation of energy are really important concepts to understand. B=
rewers are closed systems.

But any testing protocol would be welcome and, I think, necessary.

Ted Peterson
EW/SOE