Re: [compost_tea] Microscopes

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 13:26:51 -0400
I think most people will need instruction on what they are seeing through the microscope.

But, you might be able to get by with the manual alone, because I am putting LOTS of pictures of NOT-FUNGI, as well as what is fungi in the manual.

Get a camera that you can take pictures through the microscope.  You might want to come to the class to learn how to do that too.

Then, when you see something you don't know what it is, or you need help deciding, you can send in the picture to SFI.  As long as you are doing samples with SFI, we'll do the ID for free.  But if you aren't testing with us at least a couple times a year, we'll charge to do the ID.

OK?

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR