Re: [compost_tea] Re: pre-activation results

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 13:01:47 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Elaine. I think you are saying that the high use of DO2 after 20 - 24 hours is that we have excess food in the recipe. Target would be to run out of food, let the microbes become dormant for lack of food before being applied? That runs counter to my thought that there should be food at destination to support the herd when they land n their new home. " I'm thinking like I are one.?" do you have time to comment? Bob

PS I never intend hype with my stuff. Try to write what I believe to be real, attainable.. ..
soilfoodweb_at_aol.com wrote:
Thbank you Bob for the information. I appreciate it came without any hype about the brewer you make.

The balance that is needed is one between enough food to get the organisms in the compost activated, but not to have lots of remnant foods after the brew period.

I think it is up to the machine makers to work on exactly what that balance of food and aeration actually is, for thier brewer design.

Glad to see that you are working on this information!

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR
SFI Port Jefferson, NY