Re: [compost_tea] Brix

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:47:04 -0700

Yes. Brix has gone up. I haven't logged it because to me it is just an in=
dicator. I need a lab plant assay to be sure my data is equivelant with th=
e lab. Check the turf report draft I submitted. Brix went up in the turf =
and the lab showed that the plant was healthier in every way. Higher brix =
is an indication that the plant is healthier and more effectively using soi=
l nutrients and your soil biology is working more correctly than before the=
 tea as far as I can tell.

The only discrepancy I have seen is regarding salts. Using tea, in my case=
, rises salts in the soil. This may be because the microbes have an action=
 that removes salts or that salts are a byproduct or that there were salts =
in the soil and the microbes broke them out and isolated them from the plan=
ts. I am not sure.

Ted Peterson
EW/SOE