[compost_tea] FW: compost tea

From: Judi Stewart <js_at_olympus.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:46:54 -0700

The fruit club members began arriving at 10 am to pick up compost tea on
June 2nd,
one week ago. They brought their gallon containers, sat around over
coffee
and cake, and helped one another fill their plastic jugs without
spilling any tea. These
'events' should end by noon, but never do. Some members just stay to
talk
and some are hoping someone didn't show up so there'd be a gallon or
two left over, or more for them to take home, which doesn't happen very
often. The
price (donation) went up from 50¢ a gallon to 75¢ because they like
using yucca.
Not one complained. Some throw an extra coin in the cash bucket for the
club.
And in about another week, I’ll start getting calls asking, “When’s i=
compost tea?”
Since this is a small town, I either bump into someone in my meanderings
or receive
emails describing their compost tea adventures, and I usually pass these
along to you.

Carole is a member of the fruit club and she’s also a master gardener. I
think this
is the second time she’s used compost tea. I wanted to share with you
this short email exchange.

Judi