Re: [compost_tea] Biosolids

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:27:58 -0700 (PDT)

About avoiding dumping along the road, in bushes, polluting etc.
Some studies made where the hazardous stuff was charged for early or at the start of a manufacturing process the inventors and marketers found a way to not do that stupid hazardous operation in the first place.

How many dentists would include mercury if there was a $ 500 hazardous waste charge per filling? Yep, there is a good way that would become less costly.

Do the same for nuclear power, lead acid batteries, the phama bandits and ag pesticide thieves and what would happen? The contributions to purchase political "leaders" would dry up. The skies would be blue. It would always rain at night. Compost TEA would be normal agricultural support along with superb compost and a few all natural fertilizers.

But alass, Elaine would have to find another war. , Bob It's still a good idea to charge up front for the gonna be hazards before they are allowed out the factory door. .
It happened to Tetra Ethyl Lead. Now it needs to happen to the stuff they decided to use instead. There is a good octane improver that doesn't pollute. It is made in a way that no politcal group can be purchased by the profits - so we don't have it.
There was a group once that used waste PCB oils to keep the dust down on county roads. The oil was free!

Lloyd Charles <lcharles_at_iinet.net.au> wrote:

Wait a minute - is staying in business worth someone's life? Where are our priorities?

Water has to be cleaned up.
The toxics in our water come from:
1. some - not all, but some - businesses dumping waste into the water. That should not be allowed. If they add it to the water, they have to clean it up before it leaves the premises. Documentation must be required. Clean up has to be included in the cost of doing business.

Hi Elaine
            We can maybe police water cleanup but while we are busy doing that the companies are paying nighthawks to dump drums of toxic waste in bushland because it costs them less - the only way to handle that is to tax inputs at the source so the removal of these types of material is free at the other end. Clean ups never work and never will because they carry with them the monetary incentive to not do it and business is all about money. We see this even at a local level - when the local council closes the rubbish tip and makes a charge on entry - the amount of roadside dumping of household garbage increases by several times - if the tip was "free" and town rates higher to pay the cost then there is no incentive to dump on the road. (maybe stuff like this only happens in rural Aus but the principles there)
 Cheers
Lloyd Charles

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT