Re: [compost_tea]ACT the didn't do well.

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:43:33 EDT

Ah, but John, you can't say that tea didn't work. You didn't apply tea, so
it neither did nor did not work.

The Compost Tea Brewing Manual pretty clearly states that other things
besides tea can bring healthy biology back into your lawn.

No one has ever said that the ONLY way to get the good guys back in your soil
is through addition of tea.

Compost works just as well.

And waiting for Mother Nature to get around to it works too - if you can wait
that long.

Compost and compost tea are for people who need to get back to a healthy
condition ASAP. Your choice to wait for natural processes, or instigate a natural
process and get it going faster.

OK?

I think what Bob was asking for was examples of where tea was applied, but
did not have the beneficial effect we expect.

When there's a situation where tea is applied, but nothing good happens,
that's when I suspect the tea isn't what the person thinks.

Elaine R. Ingham
Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
Soil Foodweb Inc., Port Jefferson, New York
Soil Foodweb Institute, Lismore Australia
Soil Foodweb Institue Cambridge, New Zealand
Soil Foodweb Inc., Hilversum, The Netherlands
Laboratorios de Soil Foodweb, Culiacan, Mexico
Soil Foodweb Inc., Jerome, Idaho