Re: [compost_tea] a bad ACT experience(possible)

From: Lois Yoshida <loisyoshida_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:09:03 -0400 (EDT)

I am so new to this game that I was given some compost by a friend in the soil business who recently got into compost tea brewing/applications. So, I am not sure what is in the compost but I believe it is primarily a vermicompost. I then add the catalyst provided by Growing Solutions Inc. (I don't know off hand what is in it). And no, I have not had anything tested. I am located on Vancouver Island (Canada) on the eastern coast.

Lois

sbrustkern_at_aol.com wrote:
Hi Lois,

I have been doing quite a bit of consulting with a few vineyards in the state of Washington. Have been doing quite a bit with AACT, both drench and spray, and have had nothing but excellent results to date. I have also been feeding the soil some organic amendments, proper cover crops, and the like.

Lets figure out if you are making a "good," well-balanced tea for your vines. What are you using for the ingredients? Where are you located? Have you tested it?

Steve

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT