Re: [compost_tea] Re: sfi test for 15 dollars on soil?

From: David Anderson <danderson_at_backpackgeartest.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:48:13 -0700
Hi Elaine,

I think that this is a wonderful idea. As a home gardener this will be
much more within my budget. My top concern is "primum non nocere",
first, do no harm.  I want to make sure that the compost tea is not in
the "bad" category. After that, I would be thrilled to find out that it
is good or better.

The average home gardener would really only care about this qualitative
rating anyway, and let the "experts" worry about the details.

As someone that wants to tinker with homemade brewers and composting
schemes, it will be a much cheaper option to work out the kinks in the
system before going for the full blown test. I'll get the quantitative
analysis once I get it up into the excellent range.

soilfoodweb_at_aol.com wrote:
> We get the sample, do testing in a QUALITATIVE fashion, and the info
> that comes back is designated as one of the following, based on the
> biology seen in the tea:

> Excellent tea
> Very Good
> Good
> Adequate
> Poor
> Bad

> We'll make notes on the kinds of bacteria, fungi, protozoa or nematodes
> seen, but not quantitative data, just the categories listed abve.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links