[compost_tea] Soil app: sprayers

From: <msnow_at_valley.net>
Date: 02 Oct 2004 13:19:28 EDT
Tom (and Bob),

Your first post suggests the dilution rate is too high.  Dilution shouldn't be an issue, eh?  Except for over use of water, but this is not a concern, yet.  I place the amount of tea I want (5-20g/acre is an absurdly small fraction of a gallon/100 ft2), and don't care about the dilution, as I'm spraying on to 2-4 10'x10' plots, putting a cup of tea in the jar.

What is "typical city water pressure," and how might I measure the pressure coming out of a hose?  How did you determine city pressure doesn't damage the biology?

Ours is well water.  I suppose I might only open the valve a crack, as our lines run a ways downhill.

Anyone familiar with nozzles that slide water rather than hit it against plastic?

Mike

XXXXX

Continuous siphoning at fixed rate (1-1/2 oz per gallon).
I have a proportioner with the same nozzle and typical city water pressure does not damage the biology.
Cholrine and chloramines will!
A very high dilution rate, a lot of water to get the tea coverage.
Municipal water supply will severely damage the biology!

XXXXX
What would happen if the nozzle SLIDE smoothly out along a parrallel surface that curved to the same angle and thus had the same effect but did it without the violent  impact on the bugs.  You could make such a spray tip or possibley find one aleady made. or your supplier might understand the objective and develop a special nozzle

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links