RE: [compost_tea] Re: Phytopathology journal article on compost tea, November...

From: Tom Jaszewski <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 05:31:52 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: soilfoodweb_at_aol.com [mailto:soilfoodweb_at_aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 7:53 PM
To: compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [compost_tea] Re: Phytopathology journal article on compost
tea, November...

Hi Matt Ryan, The Rodale Institute -

You might want to read some of the recent posts from Steve, because there
are articles on disease suppression by ACT.

[Tom Jaszewski] Has something changed? I was certain those were discounted
in your posts when you said, "Knowing the Hoitink crowd, they did not use
aerated compost tea. Thye put the solids in a jug, let it sit for a few
hours, and then apply. So, not the kind of tea that provides all the
organisms."

There is a recent paper that was presented at a composting symposium in
Spain where I have put together significant information on the work we have
done on blight on tomato, as well mildew on grapes.

[Tom Jaszewski] Could you share it's citation?

and the report on the WSARE website from the two year study in Oregon on
mildew and botrytis prevention using compost tea? That doesn't count?

[Tom Jaszewski] Sure, those of us following your methods count that
information. But, it's not peer reviewed and doesn't help in countering the
pundits!

http://wsare.usu.edu/projects/2002/SW00-039.doc

I couldn't find anything resembling a scientific paper!

And what, the Compost Tea Brewing Manual doesn't count?

[Tom Jaszewski] Not to mainstream Ag, Hort, and Extention.

You think it is not offensive when you disregard that work?

[Tom Jaszewski] There is no intent to be offensive. These methodologies ar=
undocumented in peer reviewed journals. If I'm wr, wr, wr, wrong again
please point them out!

Elaine R. Ingham
Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon