Re: [compost_tea] remediation

From: butch ragland <wilddog_202_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:03:20 -0700 (PDT)
I'm sure many of you know that certain bogs will
tie-up heavy metals in a different chemical compound
that is not toxic. The problem, if you drain the bog
the heavy metal come out of compound and become toxic
again. Still it is worthwhile to stabilize a toxic
situation.

My interest in bogs is what led me to this list. I
built a small bog septic system for my own house which
grows certain plants like weeds. The over flow empties
into my water feature. Clean the water, grow plants,
fill my water feature. Fairly closed circle.

  What happens when the
> absorbent breaks-down?  Do the
> toxics "come back?",

=====