[compost_tea] Watering

From: Bill <halstead_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:48:53 -0000

Re David Hall's remarks.

«It takes very little management to go from
daily watering to weekly, semi-weekly, or even (much) longer
watering cycles. My next door neighbour did not water her turf for 5
full years and her lawn always looked better than mine (much to my
chagrin, but I learned from it). »

Perhaps David would fill us in on his management techniques.

Here in my nine years of retirement in Portugal on sandy soil I have learnt=
 that without daily irigation in the months of June to October I would have=
 no lawn or strawberries etc. The citrus trees would manage with a soaking =
a week but use less water with a daily drip and fortnighly soaking.

I have had to replant my lawn during this period due to lack of irrigation
Been using ACT for three years now and convinced by my OWN observations tha=
t I am using less water and having very good results

Farmed 42 yrears in a rain shadowed area on good soil in Africa and fully a=
ware of the neccesity of moisture conservation and experienced the financia=
l results of not enough rain fall on large scale cereal production.

Bill