[compost_tea] Re: Asian Rust

From: Tom Jaszewski <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:15:26 -0000

I'm a little confused by the use of the term "micro climate", are=
you implying a temperature change or are you meaning to write
microbiology?

In my opinion tea is unlikely to directly affect aphids. We have
learned it is a least toxic tool to develop a healthy soil food web
and in turn develop naturally occuring populations of beneficial
insects.

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, T Dodge <tdodge@s...> wrote:
> Hello Scott
>
> If the aphids died after the CT application, perhaps leaf micro-
climate
> changed to the extent that it was no longer viable for that
species of
> aphids, so not a direct correlation for ct=aphid death, complex
yes,
> provable to whom for what value derived?
>
> Fire Ants again changing the local micro-climate which makes for
change
> for the participants in said micro-climate, they die or move
because of
> that "climatic" change.
>
> Terence
> On Nov 24, 2004, at 12:05 PM, Scott Alexander wrote:
>
> > Ted wrote:-  CT brewed with any recipe I am aware of is not a=
> > pesticide.
> >
> > If the aphids died on my daylilies after using CT, what would you call
> > it?
> >
> > I've also heard that fire ant nests can be destroyed with CT.
> >
> > Scott Alexander
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> >
> > <image.tiff>
> >
> > Get unlimited calls to
> >
> > U.S./Canada
> > <image.tiff>
> >
> > <image.tiff>
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >       •      = To visit your group on the web, go to:
> > http://gro= ups.yahoo.com/group/compost_tea/
> >
> >       •      = To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> > compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com
> >
> >       •      = Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of
> > Service.

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
click here