[compost_tea] compost tea, turf and irrigation

From: kumalo_69 <kumalo_69_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:00:19 -0000

I am looking for any information regarding application of compost tea
upon grass/turf and subsequent noted reductions in water
requirements.  I work for a water purveyor in the water conservation
deparment on the west coast, where we already promote the use of
compost teas on residential lawns as a way to improve soil health,
and improve the soil reservoir.  We are interested in examining if
there is a direct connection between application of compost teas and
reduced water needs.  We hope to begin running some test sites in
2005/06 around this topic and are currently in the information
gathering stage.  If anyone has information on this topic, or a
direction I should turn, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
stephan meyer

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here