RE: [compost_tea] nematoad life ? help , Thanks

From: w.reece speas <wrspeas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:06:11 -0800 (PST)

           Hi Jonh ,Tim , Dr. E , I like generalities, most likely to happen under certain circumstances over a given period of time and I appreciate your help very much, If I ask my generalized question in here other folks learn from it to, I understand the process and how they work, I just wasn't sure of the life span itself generally speaking with out other life supporting organisms for the nematoads them selves other than the (grub worms) would they live long enough to get to the grubs.
                          Thanks for the help reece

Tim Kiphart <kiphart_at_ev1.net> wrote:
It is logical to think that chemicals will affect viability, but generally these nematodes last until the food source (grubs) is gone.
You should direct your questions to the various manufacturers.

It's a good starting point, but as you stated a more holistic, biological approach is necessary to overcome the root cause.

Tim