Re: [compost_tea] Adding Lime/Calcium to Soil

From: Daniel Fury <danielfury_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:11:41 -0800 (PST)

--- soilfoodweb_at_aol.com wrote:

> Adding calcium to the soil will harm the organisms
> in that soil.
>
> Calcium carbonate, calcium sulfate, calcium nitrate
> - all inorganic salts.

What about adding ground Oyster Shell meal?  That
seems like it would be an organic form.

And what about adding liquid salt based minerals such
as potassium sulfate.  Does being solubilized in water
change the way it will effect organisms?

I dont have an actual compost pile cause my farm is
indoors but I do have a worm composting bin.  Can I
add my mineral supplements to the worm bin?