RE: [compost_tea] Re: Jill Clapperton at a no-till conference.

From: Bobbie, Hugh, Marley & Hoebie <hri7064_at_msn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:13:38 -0800
Since there seems to be general interest in this subject I'll continue
on list with this discussion.

Hi Jon,

I agree 100% with your comment about raising the highest quality produce
possible.  And I think brix is great tool to measure progress toward
that goal.  I also agree that there isn't one tillage system that fits
all situations.  However, I'm missing the connection between low brix
and no-till.  There are ways to raise brix without tillage. Foliar
feeding jumps to mind.  I know that may not be applicable so we probably
need to get more specific about the type of crops.

I thought that crop roller was pretty slick as well.  Now I just need a
tractor with a 3-pt on the front end.  Maybe a NH TV145...........

Dr Ingham,

Since you spend some time down under, I was wondering if you were
familiar with the work of P.A. Yeomans (and his sons Ken & Allen)?
Would you be kind enough to comment on the following?

RE:  Water for Every Farm
"Converting sub-soil into topsoil is achieved by improving the living
conditions for aerobic soil organisms.  These organisms need airspace
and moisture, warmth and a plentiful supply of high protein food.
Additional airspace and moisture are provided, in the soil, by using
non-inversion sub-soil loosening equipment, like the Yeomans plow."

Thanks to all for the info on this subject,

Hugh

Yahoo! Groups Links