Re: [compost_tea] Container growing with ACT

From: Stephen Steyn <ssteyn_at_wcaccess.co.za>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:33:43 +0200
James;
Greetings James;
If I may, back to CMComposting. It appears they use a test called a cress
test. I don't know exactly what cress is but I believe you can buy the seeds
in health shops. Greenies sprout the seeds and eat it as salad I think. (
Blush! I'm obviously not a greenie.). My composter who uses the CMC method
routinely tests to see how well the cress do. Her veranda is covered in jars
with it. Anyhow it may be a useful test of the various mixes if you're not
going to test the batches at SFI. Steve Diver should be able to expand on
the cress test.
Just a thought.
Good Luck. Let us know how it went.
Steve Steyn