[compost_tea] Tea Brewer (New Zealand)

From: artemisestate <diane_at_artemisestate.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 01:46:36 -0000

Can anyone out there tell me if there is: (1) a source of suitable
ready-made tea in the Canterbury region, and/or (2) brewers
available in NZ that will do the job of producing say 200L at one
time.

Budget is tight. My prelim research suggests there is no supplier of
tea in my vicinity, so I'm beginning to explore the options of
making the compost and tea myself, and even a brewer if needs be.

I've looked at the Turbo-Vortex design by Stephen Storch and I
believe that with some help I might be able to build something
similar. However, a low-cost, off-the-shelf solution would probably
get me started sooner. Also if there is a tea supplier I'd really
like to hear from them ar get some contact details.

Of course, I'm very new to all of this. We own a "boutique" (4.4Ha
planted) vineyard in the South Island of New Zealand. and have
followed organic/biodynamic principles for the 18 months we've owned
the land (converted from conventional sheep farm). We nevertheless
still have all the signs of compacted soils, like persistent thistle
and nettle.  I've attended a soilfoodweb workshop run by Elaine
Ingham, and am fully convinced of the benefits of well-made compost
teas. My compost pile is being constructed to the "right" recipe for
a vineyard, but it won't be ready for some time.

I'm impatient to get started, so any advice in sourcing the
necessary items would be much appreciated.

Diane Holding
Artemis Estate

Yahoo! Groups Links