Re: [compost_tea] very disapointing soil test

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:37:12 EST

You have the ORGANISMS as well as the foods to make this work.

Just because you have the foods, does not mean that you have the organisms.

Testing is needed.

Elaine

In a message dated 3/9/2005 10:52:49 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
danielfury_at_yahoo.com writes:

--- butch ragland <wilddog_202_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> If coir has natural compounds that prevent it from
> decomposing by fungal activity would it work as a
> ground powder to prevent powdery mildew? If not
> coir,
> is there another natural plant derivative? Just a
> question, because I don't have a plant that has ever
> been attacked by powdery mildew that I know of.

In our greenhouse we have powdery mildew and we
obviously use lots of coir. Even when we first
started using coir we had MORE mildew.

Elaine R. Ingham
Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
Soil Foodweb Inc., Port Jefferson, New York
Soil Foodweb Institute, Lismore Australia
Soil Foodweb Institute Cambridge, New Zealand
Laboratorios de Soil Foodweb, Culiacan, Mexico
Soil Foodweb Inc., Jerome, Idaho
Soil Foodweb Inc., South Africa