[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Silage problems (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 11:47:23 -0700
From: John Butcher <jeb@cc.usu.edu>
To: sustag@BETA.TRICITY.WSU.EDU
Subject: Re: Silage problems (fwd)

At 08:18 AM 2/13/97 -0800, you wrote:

> [...]

I have had practical experience with silage toxicity.  More often than it
should be, the silage is not carefully sealed.  Therefore, there is a
variable amount of silage that is exposed to the air.  Most of the spoiled
silage can be recognized and discarded.  Therefore, our recommendations are
to be more careful in storing silages, and failing that, examine the silage
carefully and discard the silage with any indication of spoilage.  This
minimized or eliminated silage problems for us.
John Butcher
--
Registered ICC User
check out http://www.usefulware.com/~jfoltz