critical area site prep.
- To: email@example.com (Receipt Notification Requested)
- Subject: critical area site prep.
- From: JS MIDATLANTIC <JS.MIDATLANTIC@usda.gov>
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 7:04:00 -0400
- Autoforwarded: FALSE
- Importance: Normal
- Original-Encoded-Information-Types: IA5-Text
- Priority: Normal
- Sensitivity: Personal
- UA-Content-Id: critical area si
- X400-MTS-Identifier: [/P=GOV+USDA/A=ATTMAIL/C=US/;335DE9D7.0543.0411.000]
Hi. I'm looking for alternative recommendations to the typical conventional
site preparation recommendations of so many tons/acre of lime, and so
many lbs/acre of nitrogen with regard to critical area plantings. In this
case, a critical area is a small section of a crop field that needs a method
to stabilize the soil, reduce runoff, and improve water quality. What are
some alternatives from an organic perspective, using organic fertilizers
or methods, to prepare an eroding site for seeding with a permanent
cover (usually grasses)? Thanks for your help!!
NRCS, Beltsville MD