[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Full Circle Organic Farm -4/23/97

This is the first of notes we are sending to folks interested in our farm and
CSA program.  This is a copy of the text our shareholders receive with teir
veggies each week.  It is an indicator of what's happening on the farm.

Your Week's Worth    4/23/97
from Full Circle Organic Farm (916) 885-9201

1 lb Mesclun Salad
3/4 lb Market Express "baby" Turnips
1/2 lb Stir-fry
1-2 Mei Qing "baby" Pac Choi
1 bu  Salad Rose radish
1 bu  Leeks
1 bu  Oregano
1 bu Peppermint
1/2 dz organic free-range chicken eggs from Brian at The     Natural Trading
Company

1 lb Mesclun Salad
3/4 lb Market Express "baby" Turnips
1/2 lb Stir-fry
1-2 Mei Qing "baby" Pac Choi
1 bu  Salad Rose radish
1 bu  Leeks
1 bu  Oregano
1 bu Peppermint
1/2 dz organic free-range chicken eggs from Brian at The     Natural Trading
Company

Eggs-actly what the doctor ordered
   Stir-fry this week has the wonderful purple flowering choi sum.  Yes, you
can eat the flowers.  The little, round, white things are turnips called
Market Express.  Tender and tasty, steam or roast them with some leeks.
  The wonderful organic, free-range eggs are from our friend Bryan Kaminsky
who operates the Natural Trading Company.  Bryan and his partner Steve Pilz
are managing the organic orchard we'll get fruit from as it comes in season.
 We should remind you that egg shares are available for  $2.50 extra per week
for a dozen eggs or $1.25 for 1/2 dz.  We will pack the eggs in your share
bag.  Just give us a call to take advantage of this offer.
  We are starting the summer squash, cucumbers, melons, and sunflowers in the
greenhouse this week.  They should be set out in about three weeks.  Squash
should be ready by mid-June, cucumbers by July 4th and melons and sunflowers
about mid-July.
  Speaking of the greenhouse,  we have a couple of hundred 4" pots of
heirloom tomatoes, peppers and eggplant for the KVMR Plant Sale and
Fundraiser at the Foundry in Nevada City on Sunday, May 4th.  Come see us and
tell your friends.