[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: rbst state labeling laws

It wasn't Monsanto that sued Vermont. It was 2 grocers
associations: Int'l Dairy Foods Assoc. and Grocery Manufacturers
of America
Monsanto did sue a small dairy in Waco TX called Pure Milk and
Ice Cream who was labeling their products rBST free, claiming
that it discriminated against their product. But in a
confidential out of court settlement, Pure Milk was allowed to
label voluntarily. For a reference, see The Austin
American-Stateman, June 17, 1995 ("Agreement clears Waco ads")
DC
David Conner
Center for Rural Studies
207 Morrill Hall, UVM