[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

DIRECT-MKT: (Fwd) NATIONAL SMALL FARM DATABASE

Forwarded message:
From: "DENIS EBODAGHE OF AG" <debodaghe@morrill.esusda.gov>
To: sfpc-mg@esusda.gov
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 07:33:07 EST
Subject: NATIONAL SMALL FARM DATABASE
CC: ewilson@reeusda.gov, jhorigan@reeusda.gov, ttate@reeusda.gov,

TO: SMALL FARM CONTACTS

We are interested in establishimg a database of Research and
Extension small farm educational materials/publications to enlighten
individuals on farming opportunities.  The plan is to share this
information at the National Small Farm Conference to be held in
Nashville, TN, Sept 10-13, 1996.  Last year, we requested that publications from
your Colleges of Agriculture be sent and the response was great.
Related information materials from those publications will be
extracted for this purpose.

If you have information on the internet, and want to send the
address, would you please send us the internet address (URL), and a list of
your educational materials that will be applicable to small farm
audiences.  Please send them to me by July 26.  This information will
also be entered into a database.  This database should be such that
if you need information on for example -- how to start turtle
farming, or mushrooms, you will type the phrase and the search is
initiated.  This search should result in providing the relevant
information (up to date) on how to grow or raise a specialty item
and where to get more detailed relevant materials on the subject
matter.

If you know of such a database that can provide this information,
nationwide, please let us know.  We do not want to reinvent the
wheel.  We are interested in ensuring that your educational materials
are accessed on a nationwide basis.  The development of the internet
network and linked to available small farm database potentials, could
be a very powerful educational tool at the local, County, State, and
Federal levels.

Thanks

Denis Ebodaghe, Ph.D.
USDA/CSREES-PAPPP
National Program Leader
Small Farms/Soil Science
Phone: (202) 401-4385
Fax:     (202)  401-5179
E-mail: debodaghe@reeusda.gov
Mailing address:
Ag. Box 2260
901 D street, SW
342 Aerospace Center
Washington, DC 20250

HENRY "JH" BAHN
National Program Leader
Rural, Economic, & Social Development
Cooperative State Research, Education, & Extension Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Washington, DC, USA 20250

(202) 720-4387 tel.
(202) 690-2522 fax