[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What's Organic?

In article <960608012939_71042.2023_GHI140-3@CompuServe.COM>,
Bill Duesing <71042.2023@CompuServe.COM> wrote:
>Living on the Earth, June 7, 1996:  What's Organic?
>
>For more than 50 years, the name has been applied to a way
>of gardening and farming which...
>doesn't use synthetic, chemical pesticides.
>.... Any damaging
>pests are managed with non-toxic mechanical, biological or cultural methods.

        . . . or *chemical* methods.  I think you are well aware that there
are numerous chemical, albeit naturally-occurring (though certainly not
non-toxic), pesticides applied in
organic farming.  IMHO, if you are taking on the responsibility of
informing the public, you should accept the obligation of providing
complete information.  I apologize if this exclusion on your part was
unintentional.

Lou Hom >K '93		       	    	"If brevity be the soul of wit,
lhom@nature.berkeley.edu  			   play on!"
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~lhom