[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Flea Beetles

be417@freenet.carleton.ca (Robert W. Tom) wrote:

>on Sat Jun 22 00:58:16 1996
>blissv@nmhu.campus.mci.net (Vicki Garland) wrote:
>re: flea beetles..

>[ snipped & pasted ]

>>    ...Does anyone have any ideas for getting rid of flea beetles?
>>    They riddle the leaves of bok choi, mizuna, arugula, chinese cabbage

I don't know how much of these crops you're growing, but a rooftop may
be helpful if you only have a small amount.  I'm growing mizuna,
arugula, and some other brassicas on a rooftop, and have had no
trouble with flea beetles, even though ground-level crops have been
turned into Swiss cheese.  There could, of course, be a million other
factors causing the difference, but it may be worth an experiment.
Regards, j

--
say no to cars.