[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 161_Masanuba_Fukoukas_Natural_ (fwd)

Nature balances.  How many humans are in the balance depends on our
actions.  If we maximize our population in the short-term, there is bound to
be a correction over time.  The black death greatly restored the soil fertility
of overworked medieval farms. I don't think AIDS is even a beginning.

If we like our technology we'd better find some way to base it on renewable
resouces.  I'd just as soon learn to live without it.  Maybe we'll get lucky and
use our current technology to give birth to something better, efficient solar
conversion, cold fusion, psychokinesis, whatever.  I'm not holding my
breath.  (Maybe I should be).

William (wjta@mail.hooked.net)