[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Plant Suppliers

In article <199610161257.NAA04886@uxd.liv.ac.uk>, "Mr R.J. Morris"
<rmorris@liverpool.ac.uk> writes

>Hullo Folks,
>       One of the most frequent questions I get ask by people looking
>at the Plants For A Future web site is
>:
>       do you know any where in the US where I could get some
>       of the unusual permaculture plants?
>
>Living in the UK its kind of a hard question to answer. So I though
>I'd ask the list. I'd quite like to compile a page with lists of
>good suppliers in various bio-reagions. Any help much appreciated,
>in particular does any one know places to get some of the Crataegus Species
>(Hawthorns).
>
>       Many thanks
>
>               Rich Morri

A possible place to start is:

The Andersen's Horticultural Library's Source List of Plants and Seeds.
Andersen Horticultural Library,
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
3675 Arboretum Drive
Box 39,
Chanhassen, MN 55317

Lists approximately 59,000 plants and seeds from 450 retail & wholesale
outlets in the US and Canada willing to ship interstate. Book costs
dollars 39.95.

I have not seen a copy so can not vouch for it except it is listed in
the Royal Horticultural Society's "Plant Finder" book
--
S.C.Webb