[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: John Hagelin: Old vs New Approach in Agriculture

> > I agree that population growth is a serious problem. There is an
> inverse relationship between population growth and standard of living. In

> other words, the birthrate increases as poverty increases. Since the
> highest birthrates are in the third world, we need to improve their
> econmic situation before the population will be stabilized.
>
> Blair McClinton
> b.mcclinton@sk.sympatico.ca

I'm no feminist, but I agree with the view that as women achieve
empowerment and equality, they tend to have less children, for whatever
reason.  Promoting these values in third world countries could help control
population growth and the need to force the land to produce ever more food.