[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The Limits To Growth

On 15 Nov 1996 18:38:59 GMT, dlj@inforamp.net (David Lloyd-Jones) wrote:

> bg364@torfree.net (Yuri Kuchinsky) wrote:
> >Precisely my point. Genocide has zero economic benefit. But the
> >"economism" of people like you is what brings this about.
>
> This is false.  Genocide is the result not of any "economism,"
> whatever that may be, but of reversion to pre-economic racisms. In
> Rwanda as in Germany, it is the expression of ancient tribalism.
>
>                                      -dlj.

This is simply not correct, sorry.  The problem in Bosnia, Rwanda,
Burundi, Azerbajan, Los Angeles and many other places is that a
relatively affluent minority rules.  As in the French and Russian
revolutions, a point comes when the majority revolts and sets about
killing off the minority.  This is political economics, not tribalism.
The tribal differences are historic and lie behind the minority rule
but are not the cause of the revolt.

             Mason
Mason A Clark      masonc@ix.netcom.com

  www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/3210