[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ecological Economics and Entropy

Mike Asher (masher@tusc.net) wrote:

: I'm sorry if the reality of the Middle Ages doesn't agree with your copy of
: Robin Hood, Dave.  Have you read any serious history of, say, the 15th
: century?

You're wrong, Mike.  Here is the reference:

Clive Ponting, _A Green History of the World_, Chapter 6: "The Long
Struggle".  It is about the neck-and-neck struggle against starvation.
It is the (short term: a few 100 years) disappearance of this problem in
industrial countries that I thought you might be crowing.

: > .. Do you see that I am
: > reduced to asking rhetorical questions, becasue substantive debate with
: > you is apparently impossible?.

: Please, introduce a fact, or at least a logical construction.  Your
: incessant name-calling is starting to wear thin.  Even the radicals in this
: group manage civility; you, though, are an exception.

Done.

--
Mach's gut!
Bruce Scott, Max-Planck-Institut fuer Plasmaphysik, bds@ipp-garching.mpg.de