[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Genetic engineering & SAL

snip
> And the same gov. that lets these dna altering people
> get away with no labels  are  forcing and taxing  organic farmers.  Making
> organic farmers  tell how they farm ,what organic stuff they use and when .
>  What a joke.  Say your are an organic farmer and you are forced to tell
> how you farm and pay a organic farmers tax yet alter genes or use chemical
> poison and you don't have to tell the consumer anything.  They seem to have
> it backwards. The USDA want to regulate the organic farmer and his labeling
> and at the same time releasing DNA altered product with no label what so
> ever out the back door..  Guess the golden rule that he who has the gold
> rules is true.
snip
> An Organic farming homepage
> http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html
> sals@rain.org

Sal has got a very good point here.  Why require the organic
foods farmer/industry to label everything but not require the
corporate food industry to label their products which contain
genetically altered ingredients.  Congress ought to be asking
USDA and FDA some hard questions!  But I guess that's an
entirely too idealistic wish :)

Cheers,
Margaret

--