Subject: Job Openings at Alternative Energy Center in Washington, DC
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Gronbeck)
Date: 7 Jan 1994 10:54:51 -0500
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www

[This announcement is being posted to comp.infosystems.www, sci.energy, 
and comp.multimedia]

ceg

---
                       JOB ANNOUNCEMENT

  The Center for Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technology
                        Washington, DC

***********
ABOUT CREST
***********

CREST is a new educational facility in Washington, DC 
focusing on renewable energy, energy efficiency, the 
environment, and sustainable development.  CREST is opening a 
building near Union Station and the U.S. Capitol in 1994 that 
will serve as a training, learning, and exhibit center for 
policy makers, educators, international visitors, and others.  
CREST's unique approach is the application of advanced 
information and communication technologies to the field.  
CREST has three primary programs:

On-Disc
-------
CD-ROM-based educational modules for computer education, 
training, and enhanced decision making

On-Line
-------
Computer network projects such as establishing a file archive 
and educational system on Internet, the global computer 
network

On-Site
-------
Activities at the training and education facility and joint 
projects with other energy-related centers

CREST recently released two demonstration interactive 
multimedia educational software applications that are 
traveling to 27 cities in Asia, and is in the process of 
establishing SunStation, an on-line file archive and 
hypermedia educational system.

**********************
ABOUT THE JOB OPENINGS
**********************

CREST has two full-time positions and two part-time 
internships open, all of which begin in February 1994:  
Multimedia Manager, Internet Information Manager, Multimedia 
Intern, and Internet Information Intern.  Following is a 
description of the these positions:

Multimedia Manager
------------------
Description:  Creates, maintains, and distributes multimedia 
pool of resources to be used in educational, training, and 
presentation software by CREST and others.  Works with 
Technical Director to prepare and integrate multimedia 
material into educational software.  Works with Technical 
Director to coordinate computer hardware and software issues 
and collaboration with other institutions.  Writes regular 
project status reports and works with Director and Technical 
Director to write project budgets and strategic plans.  
Assists in hiring of multimedia intern and oversees intern.  
Assists as necessary with general fundraising and 
administrative tasks.

Qualifications:  Experience in working with computer graphics 
and animation, preferably on Apple Macintosh computers.  
Other relevant qualifications include experience with 
Internet and knowledge of alternative energy sources, the 
environment, and sustainable development.

Salary:  $28,000 to $35,000 per year depending on experience.

Internet Information Manager
----------------------------
Description:  Creates and maintains Internet-based 
information service.  Works with Technical Director to 
prepare and integrate Internet capability into educational 
software.  Works with Technical Director to coordinate 
computer hardware and software issues and collaboration with 
other institutions.  Writes regular project status reports 
and works with Director and Technical Director to write 
project budgets and strategic plans.  Assists in hiring of 
Internet Information intern and oversees intern.  Assists as 
necessary with general fundraising and administrative tasks.

Qualifications:  Experience in working with Internet and 
setting up a file server for ftp/gopher/wais/mosaic access, 
preferably on Apple Macintosh and Unix computers.  Other 
relevant qualifications include experience with multimedia 
materials, computer programming, Unix system administration, 
and knowledge of alternative energy sources, the environment, 
and sustainable development.

Salary:  $28,000 to $35,000 per year depending on experience.

Multimedia Intern
-----------------
Description:  Helps Multimedia Manager with multimedia 
resource pool and educational software development.  Works 
with Multimedia Manager on project fundraising and reports.  
Assists as necessary with general fundraising and 
administrative tasks.  Flexible 10 to 20 hours per week.

Qualifications:  Some experience in working with computer 
graphics and animation, preferably on Apple Macintosh 
computers.  Other relevant qualifications include experience 
with Internet and knowledge of alternative energy sources, 
the environment, and sustainable development.

Salary:  $8 to $10 per hour depending on experience.

Internet Information Intern
---------------------------
Description:  Helps Internet Information Manager with 
Internet-based information service and educational software 
development.  Works with Internet Information Manager on 
project fundraising and reports.  Assists as necessary with 
general fundraising and administrative tasks.  Flexible 10 to 
20 hours per week.

Qualifications:  Some experience in working with Internet.  
Other relevant qualifications include experience with 
multimedia materials, computer programming, and knowledge of 
alternative energy sources, the environment, and sustainable 
development.

Salary:  $8 to $10 per hour depending on experience.

*******************
CONTACT INFORMATION
*******************

For more information about these positions, please contact 
Michael Totten, CREST Director, at:

  Phone:   202-336-8945
  Fax:     202-408-8536
  E-Mail:  [email-masked]

-- 
Christopher Gronbeck
Technical Stuff
Center for Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technology (CREST)
[email-masked]     +1-202-336-8943     fax +1-202-408-8536