RE: sustainable ag

Hello Minelle,

our newly updated publication, "Sustainable Agriculture: Definitions and
Terms".  It includes several "institutional" definitions, many academic and
personal statements, as well as discussion of the issues and problems
involved in defining sustainable.  There are quotes from many pioneers and
activists in the sustainable ag. field including many people on this list.

It is on line at http://www.nal.usda.gov/afsic/AFSIC_pubs/srb9902.htm

The publication is also available in hardcopy, free, on request.  Just let
me know if you would like one (along with your postal address).

Sincerely,
Mary V. Gold
Assistant Coordinator
Alternative Farming Systems Information Center
National Agricultural Library, ARS, USDA
10301 Baltimore Ave., Room 304
Beltsville  MD  20705-2351
phone:  301-504-6559
fax:  301-504-6409