Re: [ecopath] What is Permaculture (long) (fwd)

Amendment to make:

Permaculture was coined by two Australians, Bill Mollison and David Homgren. Its
always good to credit David as well as Bill as they were co-authors to Permaculture
one.

...Fiona

Larry London wrote:

> By: Deborah L. Butler
> What is Permaculture?
>
> The word is a contraction of "permanent agriculture" (and to some extent
> "permanent culture"), and was coined by an Australian named Bill
> Mollison, who along with a considerably less gregarious colleague more
> or less (re-)invented the ideas it embodies.  The manner of action of
> permaculture is to observe and learn from the natural systems that we
> are a part of and apply those learnings to our creating of systems.
> "Protracted and thoughtful observation before (instead of) protracted
> and thoughtless labor" is another way of putting it...it's a way of
> thinking, rather than a specific technique, tradition or method.

-------------------------
PACIFIC EDGE PERMACULTURE
Russ Grayson and Fiona Campbell
PO Box 446, Kogarah NSW 2217 AUSTRALIA

Phone/ fax   02-9588 6931   (IDD-61+2+9588 6931)
Email: pacedge@magna.com.au

PERMACULTURE/ COMMUNITY BASED ESD: permaculture education + Australian City Farms and
Community Gardens Network (NSW contact) + organic gardening training + EarthWorks
training (community waste minimisation training) + overseas development assistance
project management services.

MEDIA: journalism/ photojournalism (global development; environment and society;
social change; sustainable community development) + publication design + desktop
publishing services.

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: london@metalab.unc.edu