Subject: reading letters half way through conversations

From: April Sampson-Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 11:03:39 +-1000

One thing that really stikes me as special about this mailing list is
that, 99 times out of 100, everyone is very polite to one another.
If someone comes in during a lengthy ''debate'' then they are usually
discreet about it.
The care of people ethic often escapes us in our fervour to care for
the earth and indeed some of my environmentally aware friends
find it much easier to talk to the trees.  Some go so far as to say they
can trust a tree not a partner.
If I thought that I was working to conserve nature without this monster
species as humans are sometimes portrayed, I would give up today.
The bottome line is that we, as a species in nature, should 
 re-think our paths and we have the capabilty to do so.

April
PS I received your US cheque for outlines, new edition printed Monday, to
send out Tues/Wed.  We now have a policy that encourages people to
send old varieties of common seed instead of money where cheques and 
other financial problems arise especially in third world areas.  Have to
keep the send commonon for quarantine - 
otherwise the bontanical gardens Sydney gets the lot.
And they have quite a collection of plants!!
April.