Subject: Re: PC Europe pages?

From: Helen Witts <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 16:37:03 +0100 (BST)

Date:          Thu, 28 Mar 1996 18:23:53 +0100
To:            [email-masked]
From:          [email-masked] (Thilo Pfennig)
Subject:       PC Europe pages?
Thilo,

I'd like to know if there are any PC-pages for Europeans (Maybe in the
Uk?). We do have other needs here and workshops are mostly more usefull, if
they fit for temperate climate.

I was also wondering about this. The Permaculture web pages I know 
of,  and this discussion list, are very US and Australia oriented, 
and while very interesting are not so relevant for the specific 
needs of Permaculture in Europe. We want to know about accessible
courses and workshops, too.

Maybe I start a PC-Page soon (if there is one for Europe I will do this
only in german language, otherwise I would like to help to build one for
europeans). Who likes to contribute?

I'm actually living in Ireland, where there is now quite a lot of interest in
 permaculture and alternative lifestyles but very little coordination 
of activities and resources at the moment. We have no relevant Web 
pages that I know of. I have been lurking on this list (and on the 
Organic Gardening List) for a while - I am not yet actively practising
permaculture but have plans to make some major changes to my life, 
including leaving my present job in Dublin and moving to a rural 
area, where I want to get really involved in permaculture.
 I don't have my own computer at the moment, but hope to do 
something about this soon. In due course I would be very happy to be 
involved with setting up a Web site for Irish Permaculture / 
Alternative lifestyles to integrate with any future European site.

Good luck, Thilo.

Helen

*******************************************
*  Helen Witts                            *
*  Engineering & Chemistry Librarian      *
*  Main Library (Pure & Applied Sciences) *
*  University College Dublin              *
*  Belfield                               *
*  Dublin 4                               *
*  Republic of Ireland                    *
*******************************************
*  Tel:    +353-1-7067537                 *
*  e-mail: [email-masked]          *
*******************************************

---

From: Paul Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 1996 09:51:33 +0000

> courses and workshops, too.

I'm in the process of setting up a UK-oriented web site at:

http://www.sysmag.com/permaweb

The UK Permaculture Association are in the process of creating some
pages for this, and I'm starting on the long task of providing some
real information.  I'd like eventually to include full course
materials, but most of the site is empty space at the moment, 
I'm afraid.

If anyone has course materials in machine-readable text form or 
bitmap pictures that I could use, please let me know

Thanks

Paul
-- 
Paul Clark   
<[email-masked]>
http://www.sysmag.com