Subject: waste water treatment and farm effluent treatment

From: "M.A.H.Askey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 96 15:25:35 0100

Are there any technologies available, such as reed bed,marshland and 
wetland areas, utilising filtration methods for procesing animal wastes?

regards,

Martin Askey

---

From: Christopher Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 May 1996 08:57 -0700 (PDT)

> wetland areas, utilising filtration methods for procesing animal wastes?

Greetings,

If human waste qualifies as "animal" then we have what your looking for
treating our town's sewage. The Arcata Marsh is a wetland waste treatment
facility, using the natural filtration system you refer to, that has come
to double as a bird sanctuary on the Humboldt Bay. We have a rudimentary
web site at: 

http://www.humnat.org/wastwet.htm

It is considered to be world class appropriate tech. We plan to 
expand the web site into a virtual distance learning production that 
will detail the process. 

Regards
Christopher M Robinson
The Humboldt Sustainable Community Project
The HumboldtNation <http://www.humnat.org>
[email-masked]