Subject: Host farms needed!

From: Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 16:11:53 -0800

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST TO OTHER APPROPRIATE NEWSGROUPS----THANKS! 

 -----------------BRING THE WORLD TO YOUR DOOR----------------------  
MESA, a non-profit, USIA-designated international exchange organization, is
now interviewing U.S. sustainable/organic growers, ag. extension agents and
CSAs to host young international farmers seeking live/work positions on
your farm/facility for one full year (6 months placements are available
too). MESA's Russian, Lithuanian, Honduran and Guatemalan candidates are
agriculturally skilled and want to improve their knowledge in sustainable
practices, thus promoting eco-farming around the world.  
We are seeking qualified hosts in the Western region of the U.S., but we'll
welcome inquiries from anywhere in the U.S. Host farms provide room, board
and a $675/month program fee (or $800/month w/room only). The program fee
enables MESA to provide our international farmers with $300/month stipends,
health insurance, educational seminars, J-1 visas, domestic travel and
administrative support. Host farms have no payroll taxes or legal
documentation concerns---plus a very reliable and enthusiastic individual
working full-time on the farm!   
 
We have just 3-4 more openings left for the 1996 program, and we must
secure placements for these international farmers ASAP!  If you would like
to receive specific information about any of our applicants, please email a
brief introduction with your full address and telephone #, or contact:   
>Lauren Augusta, Executive Director  
>MESA  
>5337 College Ave., ste. #508  
>Oakland, CA 94618  
>(510)654-8858  
>email: [email-masked]  
>  
>************************************************************************* 
 
-- 
([email-masked]) 
 
-- 
([email-masked])