Subject: Tree Talk

From: Kathy Ging <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 23:01:34 -0800 (PST)

A couple of  references, you may want them in your
file:  Tree-Talk, Inc.431 Pine
publishes Woods of the World (ca. $70) 431 Pine
St. Burlington, VT 05402. (see more below)

(separate item: First Biomass Conference, Radisson Hotel, Burlington  VT 
Aug. 30- Sept. 2,1994 Milly Lemmons organized it (I heard about this from 
National Renewable Energy Lab 1617 Cole Blvd. Golden, CO 80401  303  
275-4099. I did not attend, but I wonder if there might be another
one planned.)

Have you seen the older book - ca. 1982 - 2nd ed. of 
Intl Bioenergy Directory pub by Bioenergy Council in D.C. Dunno
if it still exists. It was a $90 tome with ca. 1/3 of the biomasss
projects in the world. I donated a copy to Eugene library which
unfortunately discarded it. (Perhaps it was a threat to the 
timber industry?) It may be available thru inter library loan.

**   TREE TALK (Cont.from lst parag above) Charles Baah is the
organizer of this epic undertaking; Large computer database with 
photos,data on over 900 species of wood, designed to encourage
the use of lesser known species.
   
TEL: 802-863-6789, FAX: 802-863-4344.Small version 
$29; longer -$99. Pro version incl micrographs & other data - $99; floppy 
disc ($139) sometime after Feb. 96 new version should be ready.  E-mail: 
[email-masked].

Also, do you know about Curt Mitchell, Ph.D. who has a more and
less severe version of a deed restriction to prevent
clearcutting in perpetuity?  541-942-5424 POB  38  Lorane,OR 974
97451.) He sometimes buys property, puts the deed restriction on it,
then sells it. He is eager to share his restriction with others
to do the same.  A $25 donation is requested if one actually does
use it on one*s land to defray the several thousand dollars of
his own money spent in designing it.
Curt e-mail: [email-masked].