Subject: Re: Intro, volume, and natural farming

From: Don Bowen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 12:48:44 -0800

>I am a new subscriber who is an avid gardener.   Is the volume of this list 
>really this low?  I've only received two messages in two weeks - maybe 
>something is wrong with my e-mail?   My wife and I are soon to turn into 
>organic fruit/ veg. farmers.   Although there are thousands of references on 
>organic gardening/farming, I can find nothing on no-till-organic farming 
>other than Masanubu Fukuyoka (apologies for spelling by memory) which 
>doesn't relate too well to my location in Minnesota, USA.   I'd like to find 
>resources (human, electronic, or books) that have details of weed management 
>techniques, planting and germination, intercropping or companion planting 
>for pest reduction etc. using no-till and organic techniques.   If anyone 
>knows of resources I'd be grateful.  Also of interest to me are testimonials 
>from gardeners, farmers, researchers, as to the difficulties and success 
>stories using no-till + organic techniques.

Try John Jeavons "How To Grow More Vegetables Than You Ever Thought
Possible...."  He also has "Backyard Mini Farm and Garden Logbook".  There
are the Organic Gardening and Homestead mailing lists.  I do not have the
subscription information here.

  Donald E. Bowen                       Software Engineer
  Valley Center CA.                     [email-masked]