Subject: Sorry!

From: Tom Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 19:22:30 +0900

I received the following messages after moving a subscription from one ISP
account to another:

Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 16:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christopher Robinson <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: permaculture
To: Tom Gibson <[email-masked]>

Greetings PRICK
I'm going to complain to your service provider

Here's hoping you burn in HELL

AND

Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 16:24:53 -0700
From: HSU Student Labs <[email-masked]>
Subject: (no subject)
To: [email-masked]
Organization: Humboldt State University

Fuck you, you spam brained assholes!!!
----------------------------------------
I forgot that a signature file that I had been using when contacting some of
my commercial accounts was still active and many of you were inadvertantly
sent an "advertisement" about moving services. Sounds stupid, but I forgot
that the note would be immediately broadcast to everyone in the group. I
apologize for this. It was not my intent to spam this discussion group which
I am sure is not interested in moving services. Today I received 7-8
messages all from Humboldt University of the genre you see above. Are they
working those guys too hard or what?

Thx
TG

---

From: Christopher Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 21:54 -0700 (PDT)

My sincere apologies to Mr. Gibson and the whole list for my apparent 
over reaction to what was an innocent mistake.

My only excuse is that certain parties out there have no qualms about 
crass self promotion on any and all venues no matter what the format.
I thought a quick and pointed response the best preventative against 
future spams. 

Hope you can forgive this foul mouthed jerk, Tom. I'm washing my mouth 
out with soap and going to bed with out supper.

Regards
Christopher M Robinson
The Humboldt Sustainable Community Project
The HumboldtNation <http://www.humnat.org>
[email-masked]