Subject: Looking for recent articles and books on urban household gardening...

From: Christabel Garcia-Zamor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 11:29:10 -0700 (PDT)

I am a second year anthropology grad student at University of California, 
Santa Barbara, working under Dr. David Cleveland.  I am currently doing
a project on urban household gardening as a method of sustainable 
agriculture (and development) (and possibly of folk variety preservation.)  
Can anyone suggest any articles or books published 1990-present which address
 this issue from a sociocultural, economic and/or environmental perspective?
I also welcome any advice or discussion on the topic, as I am just 
getting started!

Thanks in advance.

Christabel Garcia-Zamor
[email-masked]

---

From: "Andy Clark, SAN Coordinator" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 09:57:37 -0400 (EDT)

The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) published in 1996 the 
following:

Urban Agriculture:  Food, Jobs and Sustainable Cities. 1996. Publications 
Series for Habitat II. Volume 1. 

I'm not sure how you would get a copy. The Press release has two 
contacts: Francois Couttu, UNDP/NY, (212) 906-5344
          Richard Kollodge,         (212)  906-6776

The focus is global, with more international than U.S.

Andy Clark
SAN Coordinator
c/o AFSIC, Room 304
National Agricultural Library
10301 Baltimore Ave.
Beltsville, MD  20705-2351
PH:  301-504-6425
FAX: 301-504-6409
[email-masked]

---

From: "Andy Clark, SAN Coordinator" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 09:57:37 -0400 (EDT)

Andy Clark
SAN Coordinator
c/o AFSIC, Room 304