Subject: Phil. Bamboo Conference packet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 13:07:16 -0400

Kawayan: The First National Conference on Philippine Bamboo, 1 - 3 August

Anybody who wants a copy of my paper on "Bamboo for Sustainable Community
Development" and the associated packet of materials on sustainable
development, please send a SASE (Stamped Self Addressed Enveloped) with
enough postage for 2 ounces which is US$00.53 for first class.

The packet contains:

1) The paper, "Bamboo for Sustainable Community Development"

2) Excerpts from Development and Planning by Ignacy Sachs (not Jeffrey Sachs,
the Harvard advocate of Savage Capitalism). Ignacy Sachs is a French
economist and sociologist of quite contrary, though utterly pragmatic
strategies.

3) "What is Sustainable Development"--Center for Excellence in Sustainable
Development.

4) "Urban Futures" a 1994 outline by Ignacy Sachs for the Istanbul UN Habitat
Conference this year. He makes six points for discussion which are very
inspiring and thought provoking not solely for those with an urban focus.

5. "Mi Ultimo Adios", the poem written by Philippine patriot Jose Rizal the
night before his execution in 1896 and my translation thereof.

6. "The Rising Sun Neighborhood Newsletter" by Anne Herbert from The Next
Whole Earth Catalog, 1980 version. An earthy kind of sustainable wisdom about
creating.

Milo Clark
1153 Delaware Street
Berkeley CA 94702-1619 USA