Subject: Re: ATTRA Emergency!! (fwd)

From: [email-masked] (Steve Diver)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 08:43:46 -0500 (CDT)

Response to ATTRA Emergency Message

I hope that Mick Natco gets a great personal email response to
his questions on the usefulness of ATTRA.  However, the phone
calls we've received asking about ATTRA's status lead me to provide 
you with a short update.

ATTRA, along with other sustainable agriculture programs, will
face a tough challenge again this year in Congress. However,
Congress is just beginning to consider the USDA budget for FY97,
and so it is difficult to know at this point when emergencies may
come.  Nevertheless, this is a particularly important time for
House Member Kaptur and others to hear from constituents and
supporters of ATTRA and other sustainable agriculture programs.

If you need more specific information, please email me personally
at the address below.

Teresa Maurer, Program Manager
Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas
P.O. Box 3657
Fayetteville, AR  72702 
501-442-9824
Email:  [email-masked]