Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 19:10:35 -0400
From: Ferrucio@aol.com
To: rangarajan.1@osu.edu, stinner.1@osu.edu, stinner.2@osu.edu,
    info@nptn.org, zaborski.2@osu.edu, Nachovilla@aol.com, cote.1@osu.edu,
    T.BARTLETT@csuohio.edu, ecol-agric@mailbase.ac.uk
Subject: Attra funding loss

To whom etcx
Just got my ATTRA (Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas
1-800-346-9140) newsletter and discovered that the House had cut their
funding to zero. I called ATTRA and discovered that the Senate has just
lumped them into a 3 million dollar package called: the Rural Technology and
Cooperative Development Grants Program, which would insure their funding at
current levels.
Ohio has a House member on the agriculture sub-committee, Marcy Kaptur,
democrat.
The people at ATTRA asked that if you wish to make contact with your
representatives regarding this issue, you ask them to support - the Senate
version of the Rural Technology And Cooperative Development Grants Program at
3 million dollars. They also requested that you ask them to support the 2
million dollar Senate version of the Minority Farmer and Outreach Assistance
Program.
You can call the capital switchboard at 202-224-3121 to find your
representatives number or you can contact Marcy Kaptur at 202-225-4146 or fax
her at 202-225-7711.
For anyone who has used the services of ATTRA, you know how important this
issue is.
For those who have not, I highly recommend that you call them at
1-800-346-9140 and see what they're about.
This issue is URGENT. The agriculture subcommittee will be meeting beginning
this coming Wednesday 9/27/95 regarding this issue, so contact them NOW.
Please.

Thank you
Mick Natco
Innovative Farmers of Ohio