SEA-SPAN Global Change Network (fwd)

Tom Hodges (sustag@beta.tricity.wsu.edu)
Fri, 23 May 1997 09:28:57 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 10:43:24 +1000
From: Vern Weitzel <vern@COOMBS.ANU.EDU.AU>
To: DEVEL-L@AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: SEA-SPAN Global Change Network

Louis Lebel <L.Lebel@dwe.csiro.au>

SEA-SPAN Global Change Network

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to be able to announce that the internet-based support system
for SEA-SPAN or the Southeast Asian Science-Policy Advisory Network in
Global Environmental Change has been launched.

SEA-SPAN is an evolving network of people from diverse backgrounds who are
motivated to improve the links and understanding between policy and
scientific communities in Southeast Asia. Our primary focus is on the
challenges of living with global change, but recognise that this overlaps
with many related issues under sustainable development, conservation and
environmental security.

The activities supported by SEA-SPAN on the internet include an electronic
discussion list (SEA-SPAN-L). The SEA-SPAN initiative is one of the
activities developed and coordinated by BIOTROP-GCTE Southeast Asian Impacts
Centre (IC-SEA).

For further information about SEA-SPAN and IC-SEA please visit our web site:

http://www.bogor.indo.net.id/biotrop/ic-sea.htm

To join SEA-SPAN please send a message to Louis.Lebel@dwe.csiro.au
indicating you would like to join. Please also include a brief
background/profile of your interests. Alternatively you can join on the
IC-SEA home page:

http://www.bogor.indo.net.id/biotrop/icspan.htm

Please pass this information on to colleagues who might be interested.

Thank you,

Dr. Louis Lebel
(Impacts Centres Overall Coordinator)
GCTE Core Project Office
CSIRO Division of Wildlife & Ecology
PO Box 84
Lyneham ACT 2602
AUSTRALIA

Tel: 616-2421619
Fax: 616-2412362
Email: Louis.Lebel@dwe.csiro.au
Join the discussion list of the Southeast Asian
Science Policy Advisory Network (SEA-SPAN-L)
For details, visit the Impacts Centre's homepage at
http://www.bogor.indo.net.id/biotrop/ic-sea.htm

Vern Weitzel <vern@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Australia Vietnam Science-Technology Link
GPO Box 161 BELCONNEN, ACT 2616 Australia
tel/fax: +61 (6) 254-0166