Worth a visit in India

Christopher,
I don't think this is actually what you had in mind ..I just had to mention
it since what has been done at  the Siddha Yoga Dham, an ashram in
Ganeshpuri, is wonderful and well worth visiting while your friend is in
India. Located in the Maharastra state, only 40 miles from Bombay, the
grounds of the ashram are magical with abundant gardens. While there, I was
able to learn a great deal simply by observing how it was all being done as
well as working on the grounds in an apprentice mode. One must look behind
the scenes to see how the whole infrastructure is set  up, utilizing
everything in order to turn the area in to a paradise from what was
originally barren terrain. Nearby are hot springs, considered to have sacred
and healing waters. It really is worth a visit and all the better if your
friend has spiritual leanings..It's a place where Namaste is living and well.
Vicki