Inspired Undergrad Searching for Summer Internship! (fwd)

From: Craig Russell Skipton <n9641510@cc.wwu.edu>
To: Cornell Listserve <SAED-SHARE-L@cornell.edu>

Hello to All!

My name is Craig. I'm a senior undergraduate student at Huxley College of
Environmental Studies, of Western Washington University in Bellingham,
Washington, (a wonderful town nestled between the foothills of the Cascade
Range and Puget Sound). I am currently in search of an internship for the
summer of 1998: agroecology, permaculture, sustainable systems,
organic farming.

Last year I completed a course in Agroecology and Sustainable Agriculture
taught by Prof. Dr. Gigi Berardi. My eyes were opened to the world of
sustainable systems. Since then my interests have flourished and my thirst for
information is unsatiable.

Interests:
   Organic farming.
   Small scale sustainable organic farming (Horticulture/Agriculture).
   Learning and assisting with current methods of production.
   Establishing networks for local and regional indigenous knowledge
    distribution.
   Modes of developing Community Supported Agriculture (CSA).
   Gaining further knowledge in the processes and workings within the
    spectrum of applications and implications of Organic (Alternative or
    Low-input or Regenerative ) farming.
Relevant Skills:
   Completed course study in Agroecology, Botany, Zoology, Flowering plant
    Biology, Ecology, Inorganic and Organic chemistry, and Biostatistics,
    Geography of Soils.
   Familiar with small scale horticultural/gardening practices.
   Greenhouse maintenance (trimming, weeding, watering)

Useful material from Argoecology and Sustainable Agriculture course:
   Direct experience with principles and fundamentals of Agroecology
   Proficiency in ecological concepts applied to the design and management
    of sustainable food production systems and technologies, policies that
    promote soil, water and resource conservation.
   Familiarization with recent agroecology, sustainable, and regenerative
    literature and discussions
   Field assessments of  "conventional" versus "alternative" agriculture.
   Development of a utilizable farm plan for a local farm.

Thanks for providing such a wonderful medium for me to extend my search!
If there is anyone or anybody that has question or comments in regards to
my search please let me know!

Address: 2209 G st. #4. Bellingham, WA. 98225
e-mail: n9641510@cc.wwu.edu

Thanks again.

Craig Skipton
November 17, 1997