Re: Cattail Control (fwd)

Vic

Cattail (bulrush?) I believe are a species of Typha either domingus or
orientalis the former native the latter introduced.

We have installed constructed wetlands (reed beds) at our Centre for
wastewater treatment.  Come and have a look.  They receive effluent from
and ablutions facility we have recently built.

Ross Mars and I will be running a greywater recycling course on May 2 at
the ETC.  $60.  We will cover 'reed beds'.  I will circulate a complete
program on the list shortly.

All the best.

Martin Anda
Research Associate
Remote Area Developments Group (http://wwwies.murdoch.edu.au/radg.html)
Appropriate Technology for Remote Indigenous Communities
Tel 61 8 9360 2896  Fax 61 8 9310 4997
Environmental Technology Centre (http://wwwies.murdoch.edu.au/etc.html)
Environmental Technologies for Sustainable Development
Tel 61 8 9360 6123 Fax 61 8 9310 4997
Murdoch University
Murdoch  WA  6150