[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: solar gardening / worm compost (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 17:09:57 -0500 (EST)
From: SueCasson@aol.com
To: Elfpermacl@aol.com, erba@lincolnu.edu, permaculture-mg@ces.ncsu.edu
Subject: Re: solar gardening / worm compost

Dan said:

***Regarding earthworm composting, the best source probably is still Mary
Applehoff's Worms Eat My Garbage, Flowerfield Press (or something like that I
think she changed the name slightly), Kalamazoo MI USA***

Here's the address: Flowerfield Enterprises, 10332  Shaver Road, Kalamazoo,
Michigan 49002, 616-327-0108. Mary Appelhof is the right spelling. My copy is
1982 edition, so I hope the address is current. Book was 7.95 plus 1.00
shipping. She also sells redworms, bedding, a vermicomposting unit, a t-shirt
and worm castings. Excellent book and I learned to love my worms. A mass of
them in the hand has incredible strength.