[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MESA HOME PAGE

http://www.wenet.net/~mesa/

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr. - Venaura Farm - Chapel Hill, NC, USA
mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu  http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
mailto:llondon@nuteknet.com  http:nuteknet.com/london  Venaura Farm
Title: MESA HOME PAGE

Welcome to MESA, the only non-profit, U.S.I.A.-authorized organization offering U.S. organic on-the-farm training programs for young international farmers

Aqui en Espanol

BRIEF INTRODUCTION

A non-profit organization based in Oakland, California, MESA offers 6 and 12 month programs for young international exchange farmers seeking live/work positions with U.S. sustainable/organic farms. MESA's exchange farmers acquire ecologically responsible agricultural skills by receiving supervised training at participating U.S. organic host farms, CSAs (Community Supported Agriculture) and non-profit training facilities. MESA cooperates with sustainable agricultural organizations (or "Co-sponsors") in participating countries to identify and prepare aspiring eco-farmers for the U.S. training programs.

MESA also collaborates with Sky High Ranch--world-renowned IPM field station of the Bio-Integral Resource Center (BIRC)--to conduct tours of organic farms and research facilities in Northern California. Tours are custom designed for visiting international groups. These unique package tours help MESA and Sky High Ranch fund our respective programs to promote sustainable agriculture in the U.S. and abroad.

Program operation and funding description

How to become an International Co-sponsor organization

How can our U.S. farm host an international exchange farmer?

MESA's Affiliates and supporters

MESA'S current events & photos

MESA's reciprocal program to send American farmers abroad

Meet one of MESA's exchange farmers from Russia

EMAIL MESA