My Gardening Projects

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/8098/garden.html

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
mailto:llondon@nuteknet.com
Title: My Gardening Projects

ConeflowerGardening (last updated 2/25/97)

NG Best Garden Page Garden Webring Planting Guide (including estimated dates)
Gardening in the South
Planting Zone information
See my Garden Notes
Mail-order sources I've used
Mail-Order sources (catalogs)
Growing specific types of plants
Composting
Pests & Diseases
Weather information
Gardening discussion groups
finding Internet discussion groups
Gardening magazines
Searchable gardening databases/encyclopedias
Gardening exchanges/swaps
Tour the Garden Web Ring

Gardening in the South

back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Gardening Discussion Groups

Mailing lists:

Online (WWW) discussions:

USENET newsgroups:

Here are some links for finding Internet discussion groups (in general).
back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Garden Magazines

back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Searchable gardening databases/encyclopedias

back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Gardening Exchanges/Swaps

back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Growing specific types of plants

back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Composting

back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Pests & Diseases

back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Planting Zone Information

Here in my USDA Zone 7b garden (just north of Dallas, TX), my last frost date is Mar 15 to Apr 1, and the first frost of the year is usually around Nov 10 to Nov 25.

If you'd like to find out the same information for your own location, you might want to use one of these tools from Time-Life: Zone Maps or Zone Finder

Since we're talking about planting dates, you might be interested in some calendars to plan your own schedules.
back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Watching the Weather?

back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Planting dates

I actually started my garden planning in 1995 by researching each plant type that I wanted to grow and calculating the estimated planting dates for my area. Here's a 1997 calendar for you to peek at while you're calculating some of these dates.

Also, every gardener should have a look at The Old Farmer's Almanac

back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Mail-Order Sources/Catalogs

back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Garden Notes

I am a beginning gardener, working in a small city lot using raised beds for my vegetables and bermed beds around my lawn for perennials and ornamentals. I also have several semi-dwarf and dwarf fruit trees on the property. Nineteen-ninety-six will be my second full year of gardening.

I hope that by publishing this journal, you will follow along with me in my blunders and discoveries as I plan, maintain, and observe my garden. During the year I will be recording many things here in my journal, including:

I also anticipate that, due to time limitations and my impatience in some cases, perhaps this journal may not be as detailed as I would like. Hopefully this will be one of those things that I gradually develop and fine-tune as time progresses.

Since this is largely a learning experience to begin with, I would welcome any comments, questions, or suggestions you may have about my gardening efforts or my Web pages. Please feel free to drop me a line by e-mail.

Notebook '96 Garden Journal

Notebook '97 Garden Journal

back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Mail-order Sources

Here are the companies I used:

back to the top of this page
back to my home page

Tour the Garden Web Ring

Garden Webring
Next site
This Garden Webring site is owned by Joan's Home Page.
Click for the [ Next Page | Skip It | Next 5 | Random site ]

Want to join the ring? Click here for info.

back to the top of this page
back to my home page