PNW Permaculture Rendevous & News

Hello Greening Friends:

I am just back from Arlington WA, where I stayed at Prag Tree Farm.
This is
the place where Seattle Tilth was formed, Binda Colebrook
researched and wrote
her book and where a wild salad business was
developed in the early 80's by
Mark Musak.

The new collective that Evergreen land Trust  welcomed to the site is
Where Art Is Living.  They are undergoing a startup phase.

The Permaculture Rendevous  was successful.  80 participants.  All kinds
big names: Ianto Evans, Micheal Pilarski, Mark Musak, Larry Santoyo,
Henderson, Toby Hemenway,  Penny Livingston...
Many of these people have been
activists and designers for 15 years.
Larry and Penny (and her husband ) are
into multi million design
projects, and fully integrated with Community
Economic Development work.
There is now a Permaculture Institute in Reays

2 days of workshops songs dances, slide shows, talk hands on
camping and talking.   This Pacific Northwest Permaculture Rendevous
an annual event most recently, and used to be a the Bullock Brothers
on Orcas Island.

The other event that was interesting was that the Seattle
Implementation Guild has formally associated itself with Seattle
so that logistical support could be provided.

I think that VPN could learn from this experience and I am going to
this  to FFCF  more formally when I can learn what comittments are
What do people think?    Please think of one or two proposals
that might work
for both parties.  VPN really needs to get newsletters
out and have a phone
that people can call and an address people can
write.  (I seem to have no
fixed address...Shiobhan R.is having a
baby...etc etc.)

More Good news:   The ffcf-l listserver is up and running and will
supported.  Tell your friends about it.  the permanw-l  permaculture
west listserver is also up.  Expect more messages.  Send a message
subscribe to ffcf-l@alternatives.com or permanw-l@alternatives.com
in the
subject line or unsubscribe if you have too much mail.

This message may be edited and appear at in a newsletter soon...

Has been distributed to ffcf-l and permanw-l .

Harold Waldock